[SR-Users] High performance routing options

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 18:15:13 CEST 2010

  Hello,

On 9/6/10 5:03 PM, anthony thomas wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are looking at offloading routing logic out of our existing
> softswitch using openser as an external redirect server. Our routing
> logic is not terribly complicated and I think both carrierroute and
> LCR modules would be able to handle it but we have a pretty large
> route list table with around 30 million records (our routing table is
> 300k codes but keep different tables per client), 25-30 calls per sec
> would be enough.
>
> From a performance point of view, what would be the best bet within
> both modules? also, are both modules actively maintained?

Both are actively maintained.

However, depends on what you map to a DID/prefix, there might be other
solutions using simpler structures that can be relevant in performances
for your case.

For example, if you map a DID to a destination ID or address, look at
mtree module:
http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/modules/mtree/mtree.html

It is for devel version (upcoming 3.1) but you can just copy it for 3.0
(I use it there and iirc works out of the box) - you can have many
tables loaded in memory, each with lot of records.

If you map to destination ID, then dispatcher can be used to map the ID
to an address.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com