[SR-Users] Kamailio multihoming

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Apr 11 03:00:14 CEST 2011

On 04/10/2011 08:59 PM, roman at dmytriv.com wrote:

> Alex, thank you for you hints.
> Load distribution is more of priority to me. I think low TTL might be a
> solution. But what can be done to keep Kamailio in sync on geographically
> dispersed servers?

Are you talking about database data, or configurations?

The answers vary depending on whether there are two geographically
dispersed servers, or more.  But short answer:

1) Circular (master-master) database replication;

2) Disk-level replication over network (i.e. DRBD) -- less suitable for
the public Internet, but may be workable depending on overall
reachability and site-to-site bandwidth quality, in combination with
something like GFS.

3) Manual synchronisation of config files and such with rsync, etc.

In general, I would say #1 is simplest.  But there aren't many
relational databases out there whose replication schemes easily support
more than two masters right now.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC