[SR-Users] The not so simple Kamailio Load Balancing of Asterisk

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 18 00:24:52 CEST 2011

Wouldn't it make more sense to add current load information to some
headers of all messages coming from asterisk? most probably, the
app/media server/gateway is sending messages to the proxy very often
anyway, and if not, some options pinging can be done if there's no
traffic for a while (probably proprietary format - at least I don't
know about a standard defined for that).

Stefan

o Edson - Lists on 08/17/2011 03:36 PM:
> Couldn't this be already doable through Lua or other external way?
> Something like "ask all asterisk box about their load and return the
> next to receive the call"?
>
> Edson.
>
> Em 17/08/2011 07:17, Daniel-Constantin Mierla escreveu:
>>

>> On 8/17/11 12:07 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> At some point I would love integrating Asterisk AMI feedback into the
>>> scheme. If we do that, we can get proper load balancing for Asterisk,
>>> based on current usage and capacity of each server, not just calls
>>> sent to them from Kamailio.
>> That would be indeed useful -- if you hurry up, you can make it to
>> upcoming v3.2.0 :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel

frafos.com