[SR-Users] ERROR: slow timer too slow: overflow (1048 - 25 = 1023) repeat a lot

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:42:04 CET 2011

Hello,

On 12/21/11 12:12 PM, laura testi wrote:
> Hi,
> sometime we get the following error after we restart the kamailio for a while:
>
> ERROR:<core>  [timer.c:972]: ERROR: slow timer too slow: overflow
> (1048 - 25 = 1023)
> ... last message repeated 138times
>

>   ERROR:<core>  [timer.c:972]: ERROR: slow timer too slow: overflow
> (1048 - 25 = 1023)
> last message repeated 49 times
>

> it print them continuously....
>

> is it normal?

there is some long task executed on timer, maybe on failure route. The
timer should recover itself if the task is not executed every time.

> How I can fix it?

You need to figure out what it takes long to execute and improve that.
It is not a critical error, it keeps working. I am going to make that
message a warning instead of error.