[SR-Users] Redundancy between 2 Kamailio servers

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Feb 2 11:24:52 CET 2011

On 02/02/2011 12:20 PM, Danny Dias wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was thinking that if i store the contacts that are registered into
> my proxy in a database, like this:
>
> .
> .
>
> # ----- usrloc params -----
> modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   3)
> .
> .
> if (is_method("REGISTER"))
> {
>         if (!save("location"))
>         sl_reply_error();
>         exit;
>   }
> .
> .
>
> This way i would store the contacts in table "location", and then i
> could make a backup of the DB and restore on the other server...is
> that ok? or i'm missing something?

Or you can use the p_usrloc module that does automatically the db
replication and failover + data partitioning (or you can combine them to
suite your needs). New in master branch (</shameless advertisement>)

But seriously, we might want to give it a try. The config syntax remains
the same as above you just need to load p_usrloc instead of usrloc and
setup the databases.

Marius