[SR-Users] SIP Recorder

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Wed Jan 26 15:42:22 CET 2011

On 01/26/2011 04:07 PM, Jeremya wrote:
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen enough examples of
> out-of-dialog requests (e.g. BYE) not using the record route to wonder
> if this is in fact required for a new dialog.

Hello

You seem to misunderstand some notions. First of all, RR will affect
future in-dialog requests (The Record-Route header field is used by
proxies to indicate that they wish to remain in the message path for
requests send within a dialog.) Also, an out -of -dialog BYE makes
little sense (as opposed to CANCEL) because the BYE is a specific method
to close a dialog started with the INVITE request. The proxy should
forward the request, but a UAS/SBC will return a 481.

Again, a new dialog will never use previous RR headers from other
dialogs.(if I understand what you are saying).

Marius