[SR-Users] issue tracking system

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 20 12:53:33 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 19 July 2011, Alex Balashov wrote:
> We have been extremely happy with Mantis as a self-hosted approach.
> It is easy to use, yet has the sophistication and flexibility for a
> needed to manage a project of non-trivial size.

Hello,

just had a quick look to Mantis, looks fine. Also the installation and
administration does not look that dificult, the documentation provide a lot of
details. From the installation requirements it should be also fine, the
development looks at least from the commit stats healthy as well.

I've a lot of experience with Jira, its in general a good system, but maybe
its a bit to heavy for our use. I also don't like the fact that its not really
open source software.

I could install a test setup in the next days on our server, if you like.

> For fairly large projects like this one[1], I have always favoured
> internal hosting of such systems in order to maintain maximum control,
> use optional plugins, make customisations, etc.  I think that would
> make the most sense for the SR/Kamailio community.

This is also my opinion.

Best regards,

Henning