[SR-Users] dns_srv_lb

Vladimir Broz vladiksip at centrum.cz
Thu Jul 21 01:25:40 CEST 2011

Hi Jon,

please, try to set the "weight" for both SRV records in DNS to another
(but same) value than "0", e.g. "10"

The weight with "0" value has a special handling in SR, according to the
RFC2782:

"Domain administrators SHOULD use Weight 0 when there isn't any server
selection to do, to make the RR easier to read for humans (less
noisy).  In the presence of records containing weights greater
than 0, records with weight 0 should have a very small chance of
being selected."

Hope that helps,
-Vlada B.