[SR-Users] OPENSER MIB

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:38:30 CET 2011

On 3/14/11 12:33 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>

> On 3/14/11 11:03 AM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
>> Thanks for the answer.
>> Maybe I have some older versions of the OPENSER-MIB and the other
>> related MIB's since I could not find the counter you pointed at. I'm
>> using a MIB browser for reading the MIB's.
>> Is the suggested counter "expired dialogs" added in a specific
>> release of Kamailio? Which? We use Kamailio 3.0.2.
> I used Kamailio and recommend using it sine it has the latest commits
> for stability.
  ... ^^^ ... obviously this was incomplete phrase, it meant to be: "I
used Kamailio 3.1.2 and recommend using it since it has the latest
commits for stability".

I can add also that I got more familiar in configuring it with snmpstats
on debian/ubuntu, so it would be easier for me to give hints as well as
add new features since it is the same as devel version.

> However, what I wrote before is pretty much not related to the
> version. There is a counter that tracks the processed dialogs, but
> seems it is not exported by default through snmpstats module. The
> statistics counter is named "processed_dialogs", implemented by dialog
> module.
>
> You can dump all internal statistics through kamctl or via xmlrpc
> command, but probably to export it through snmpstats you may need to
> extend the mibs and the code of the module.
>
> I just grepped the sources of snmpstats module to see what dialog
> statistics it is exporting:
>
> $ grep -n _dialogs modules_k/snmpstats/* | grep get_statistic
> modules_k/snmpstats/alarm_checks.c:83:    num_dialogs =
> get_statistic("active_dialogs");
> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:404:    int result =
> get_statistic("active_dialogs");
> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:424:
> get_statistic("active_dialogs") -
> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:425:
> get_statistic("early_dialogs");
> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:443:    int result =
> get_statistic("early_dialogs");
> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:459:    int result =
> get_statistic("failed_dialogs");
> modules_k/snmpstats/snmpObjects.c:508:    int num_dialogs =
> get_statistic("active_dialogs");
>
> Perhaps when the snmpstats was developed the dialog module didn't
> export the statistics counter of "processed_dialogs" and then it was
> not updated.
>
> Now, what I tried to say is that if the "processed_dialogs" counter is
> not available through snmpstats (and it is not now after grepping the
> sources) you can get its value from another application through
> "kamctl get_statistics all" or XMLRPC command for all of the existing
> kamailio releases. Upcoming one we will look to implement the export
> through snmpstats as well. If you have time to do it and send us a
> patch, we will gladly commit it to source tree in our GIT repository.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>> Do you have the MIB name for the "expired dialogs" counter. I will
>> look for that in my version of OPENSER MIBS.
>> Important, do you have a link to where MIB files can be downloaded
>> for Kamailio 3.0.2?
>> Below follows an excerp from one of the MIB's. Is it old, I don't know?
>>
>> --
>>
>> -- OPENSER-MIB: OPENSER MIB
>>
>> --
>>
>> -- Date of Creation: Januay 2006
>>
>> --
>>
>> -- This MIB provides information related to the OpenSER SIP Router.
>>
>> --
>>
>> -- Copyright (c) The Internet Society (2006)
>>
>> -- Ammendments (c) Soma Networks, Inc. (2006)
>>
>> --
>>
>> -- All rights reserved.

>> /Stefan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla