[SR-Users] Kamailio performance testing

Martin Pohančeník pohancenik.martin at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:15:35 CEST 2011

Hi
I am trying to test performance of kamailio server. I have made some tests
on old hardware, that was ok. I found that it can handle around 450 calls
per second with authorization.
CPU utilisation was up to 100%. That testing was OK, because server's CPU
utilization was increasing. Now I want to do some test with new hardware and
do some comparisons of those two hardware configurations.
I have made some test but i found that it can handle up to 540 calls per
second with authorization. But CPU utilisation was only around 8%. When I
increased call rate server responded with 404 Not Here and 500 I am terribly
busy messages.
I think that it is because of that it is not capable of finding a user
location that fast. Can i do something to increase the performacne of this
server?
I am using SIPp testing tool for generating calls. I have registered users
manualy with kamctl ul add sipp sip:sipp at 192.168.1.1:5060 command.
I was using this tutorial:
http://www.troubleshootingwiki.org/OpenSER#Stress_Test_The_SIP_Signaling.
And also i made my own scenarios.
Any suggestion would be usefull.