[SR-Users] Calling t_on_reply in branch_route doesn't work in Kamailio 3.1 - did work in Kamailio 1.5

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:54:20 CEST 2011

On 5/5/11 4:43 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 10:40 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> There is an workaround for your version as well, just copy the
>> content of the branch route in the 'route[xyz] {...}' and then
>> execute route(xyz); in the branch route. Should work, it is the way I
>> have my configs.
>
> That's what I do.  But I've never been clear on why this works:
> doesn't a request route executed from a branch route still have a
> "branch route" scope?  And if not, what is the exact way to foresee
> the implications of doing certain things that are not allowed in a
> branch route explicitly in a request route called from a branch route?
the branch route scope would be:
- request uri
- destination uri (outbound proxy)
- branch flags
- changes to request (header and body manipulation)

t_on_reply() at it is works on transaction scope no matter where is
used. So when it is called, it looks up the transaction based on
call-id, cseq a.s.o. (in many cases the transaction pointer is cached,
so just one lookup for a sip message) and the sets the value of the
onreply_route name to be executed.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com