[SR-Users] Dropped registrar bindings with 1.5.3

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Nov 19 02:58:45 CET 2011

I think I've figured out what's going on.  Unsurprisingly, it isn't a
Kamailio problem--my proposed thesis seemed as improbable to me as to
all of you.

I had been going off the assumption that the absolute timestamps in
the packet captures off the edge router, from which I was basing my
analysis, were correct, or reasonably close to correct.  It's an edge
router, after all.  However, the person who took them (I do not have
direct access to it) just informed me that the router actually had
substantial system clock drift - about 20 minutes - at the time they
were taken.  This invalidates the correlations I had made about the
proxy log <-> capture.

As you suggested, there is most likely, in fact, a reachability or
UA-related issue.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC