[SR-Users] Memory Leak on DB Errors?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:03:10 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 10/4/11 12:27 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Meanwhile the server was restarted and the DB problems were fixed. As
> it is a production server I can not reproduce anymore.

So, once it started it didn't recovered, continued always with that
error? How much of shm did you configure?

You can try to attach from time to time to one process (can be even the
main one to avoid blocking a sip worker) and walk through the shm
allocated chunks, in order to see if there are some unexpected
repetitions of allocation from same place in sources.

I posted the gdb script for walking through pkg at some point, the
difference will be to start from the head of shm list (i.e., starting
with shm_block->first_frag instead of mem_block->first_frag):

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:memory#walking_through_pkg_with_gdb

You should go as much as possible to the end of the allocated list.

Another option is to add shm_status() (see cfgutils module) in your
config, executed on a special request you can send with
sipsak/udp_flood/sipp . There are other options if you load the cfg_rpc
module and send some rpc commands with sercmd.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat