[SR-Users] Dispatcher Confusion (v3.2.0)

Asgaroth 00asgaroth00 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:47:54 CEST 2011

Hi Daniel,

On 26/10/2011 04:47, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> the purpose with three states (active, inactive and disabled) was not
> to relate probing to selection of gateways, as one may want to have
> even active gateways in probing mode to detect when they go down. So,
> in other words, if probing mode is not checked when a gateways is
> selected, but only if the gateway has the state active.

OK, so, before I continue on testeing between 3.2 and 3.3 dev branch,
can you confirm that my understanding of the states are correct:

Assuming ds_probing_mode = 0 (Only send "ping" requests when destination
is in probing state)

AX (Active)
    [*] Used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
    [*] No ping probes sent to destination
AP (Active-Probing)
    [*] Used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
    [*] Ping probes sent to destination
    [*] When reply to ping probe is recieved, state for gateway chages
to AX (Active)
IX (Inactive)
    [*] Not used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
    [*] No ping probes sent to destination
IP (Inactive-Probing)
    [*] Not used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
    [*] Ping probes sent to destination
    [*] When reply to ping probe is recieved, state for gateway chages
to AX (Active)
DX (Disabled)
    [*] Not used by ds_select_* in gateway selection
    [*] No ping probes sent to destination

Is the above true for both version 3.2.x and devel branch?

Just for ease of syntax in routing script, is it possible to do:

ds_mark_dst("ip") = Mark Inactive-Probing
ds_mark_dst("ap") = Mark Active-Probing

in both version 3.2.x and devel branch? Similar to fifo ds_set_state
command?

Once I understand these correctly, I can continue testing the 2 versions
and see the differences. I suspect v3.2.x does *not* use gateway in
ds_select_* when destination is in AP mode. But will confirm that with
testing if my above understanding is correct.

Thanks