[SR-Users] append_branch with pseudo variables

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:30:34 CEST 2012

On 8/16/12 10:50 PM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
> <miconda at gmail.com <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 8/16/12 9:15 PM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz wrote:
>>     Looks like km_append_branch() doesn't have all of the signatures
>>     that the original append_branch() has. I can't add q values for
>>     serial/parallel forking with km_append_branch().
>     What signature are you looking for?
>

> The latter is the one I'm looking for, but with the possibility of
> using pseudovars.
>
> append_branch() overloads:
>
> - append_branch();
> - append_branch("sip:a at abc.com <mailto:sip%3Aa at abc.com>");
> - append_branch("sip:a at abc.com <mailto:sip%3Aa at abc.com>", "0.1");

I am considering adding the second parameter to km_append_branch() for
backward compatibility reasons.

Alternative is to use $branch(...) variable to set the q after you
called append branch:

http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/3.3.x/pseudovariables#branch_attributes

Q has to be set via integer value, with range from 0 to 100 (0.1 would
be 10).

>> Also, apparently there's no way of setting the RURI by calling a
>> function that does that.
>
>     What do you mean here? I don't understand.
>

> I'm was talking about setting the request-uri from a PV.
>
> For example: seturi("$var(my_uri)");
>
> But it works using assignation.
>
> $ru = $var(my_uri);

The core functions were added before the existence of cfg variables,
they take only static strings as parameters. The way to do it is via
assignments.