[SR-Users] Kamailio NAT traversal

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 17:57:25 CEST 2012

Hello,

it should be straightforward starting with 3.3.0 to run Kamailio behind
a port forwarding NAT (like amazon ec2), using the 'advertise' property
of the listen parameter:

http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/3.3.x/core#listen

For example, default config will stay 'unchanged' apart of adding
'advertise' attribute with public IP/port to listen. If the RTP has to
be proxied, then I expect there is some extra work to do with the
control of the rtpproxy, but if freeswitch stays in the loop of all
calls and does media relaying (so no rtpproxy need), everything should
just go.