[SR-Users] Send/Receive IMs

Cezary Siwek cezary.siwek at asergis.com
Tue Aug 21 16:14:30 CEST 2012

Hi Marty/Fred,

On 20/08/2012 10:40, Marty Beyers wrote:
> Hey guys. I am very new to Kamailio. Basically, at this time, I want
> to generate a SIP message (from an SMS) within Kannel, and send this
> message to my Kamailio server, which will forward the SIP message to
> another SIP server. Therefore my Kamailio Sip server would act as a
> single user agent connecting to only one other SIP server. So what I
> am unsure of is:
> 1. Is there a Kamailio interface (such as an HTTP server) which Kannel
> can connect to in order for Kannel to send multiple messages to my
> Kamailio Server, which in turn would be forwarded as SIP instant
> messages to another SIP server?
You can probably use xhttp module but you will need to extract the GET
variables from the URL. You can also an external program to send a
MESSAGE via SIP (ie sipsak) or write your own interface script that sits
between Kannel and  Kamailio;

> 2. Which Kamailio api can I use to formulate and send the SIP instant
> messages?
check |uac_req_send() from the UAC module.

> 3. Which Kamailio callback function could be called when I receive
> acknowledgement responses to the SIP IMs I have sent?

check |http_query()||| from the utils module;

> 4. Which Kamailio callback function could be called when I receive new
> SIP instant messages sent to me?

http_query() again but you can also write your own function in Perl or
LUA that interacts with the Kannel.