[SR-Users] drouting module: can I use non-digit prefix?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:53:41 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 6/1/12 4:57 PM, Yufei Tao wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using drouting module and seems that it only allows digit-only
> prefixes. Also all the number of digits to be stripped ('strip' defined
> in dr_gateways) must be all digits too. When I used non-digits in these,
> Kamailio crashed.
>
> Is there any way in drouting module that I can use prefixes with
> alphabet and dots, e.g. "gateway1."? Thanks very much!
iirc, drouting accepts only digit based prefixes. Alphanumeric keys are
not suitable for tree structures, like used by drouting, because there
will be soo many children for each node that will use lot of memory.

Anyhow, it should not crash, do you have a backtrace or a log for it?

Maybe you can combine several modules to get you go, if you want to use
drouting. Like using mtree (it has a way to define the characters
allowed in the prefixes -- still not suitable for all the characters) or
htable to map your alphanumeric key to a digit only key. Then you can
use the result with drouting.