[SR-Users] [nube] Simple TCP/TLS proxy?

Matthew Roderick mat at evolve.cx
Thu Mar 15 14:01:17 CET 2012

Hi All,

I've been googling for a little while now and although I found others
asking the question and answers says "yes it's possible" I haven't
managed to find out *how* to do it!

I have a relatively simple scenario where I'd like to use Kamailio (or
something else?) to take TCP or UDP connections from my Linksys PAP2T
ATA and proxy them to my sip provide which only allows TLS connections
(obviously the Linksys doesn't support TLS).

The kicker is that, although I understand the theory and principles of
SIP, I'm completely new to SIP software and how to configure it, etc.
If anyone can point me to a (good and recent) beginners guide to
Kamailio installation and configuration that would also help ;-)

Many thanks

Matt

PS. Installation status is I have Kamailio installed on Ubuntu with
TLS configured (define WITH_TLS & module installed), started and
listening! I've but not yet enabled mysql (not sure if it's needed for
what I want to do!)