[SR-Users] Forward UAC Registration with Authentication (like Upper Registration or Passthrough Registration)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:58:02 CET 2012

Hello,

cross-posting has to be avoided, because you mix things from different
projects which don't apply to the others -- just send separate emails,
with content appropriate for each forum, referring to the things you
tried with that project.

You posted pretty much the same question and I answered that you have to
use path module if you want to have an outbound proxy to be used for
registration by the phones behind the nat or that outbound proxy has to
be used for calls going to those user agents. The I suggested to just
relay it to the registrar, with t_relay_to(...) from tm module. Have you
tried?  What was not working? Post config parts used by you along with
the ngrep trace of such scenario and we might spot what is wrong and
give further guidelines.

 From your previous email, you deal with porta sip which was using
openser at some point, so they should be able to handle path extension.

On 3/21/12 6:01 PM, Robert wrote:
> Sorry to spam all 3 boards at the same time... I know there are smart
> people on these lists and hoping that one might be willing to send an
> example config to assist a n00b to SER.
>
> I need to configure a proxy (like SBC) to listen on port X -- where X
> is not 5060.
> I want the UAC's registration to be forwarded (NOT REDIRECT) to the
> real SIP server on port 5060
>
> The far end is not an Asterisk server -- so any examples of Asterisk
> do not work. It is not IP auth -- the authentication relies in the far
> end.
>
> IP phone  ----> open source-----> SIP server
> (UAC)( PORT != 5060)( PORT = 5060)
>
> I have tried all sorts of methods like rewritehostport / t_relay etc etc.
> Would uac_auth work? And if so -- anyone have any good examples of
> dynamic -- as I do not want to store any credentials in the open
> source proxy.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/