[SR-Users] Planning for memory

Moacir Ferreira moacirferreira at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 12:52:44 CET 2012

Hi, I am trying to figure out how much memory a Kamailio server should have to support an X number of users, considering that I am running Kamailio, MySQL and RTPproxy on the same machine. I am planning to use Kamailio at medium/large enterprises, not at service providers but I got the following questions:
- Will Kamailio dynamically allocate the system memory it needs or I have to tune up the memory it takes? I.e.: If I use 8G memory, will it take what it needs or I need to adjust it somewhere? - How much memory is reasonable for 10K, 50K and 100K users in such "enterprise" scenarios? - Can you reference any documentation from where I can get this information? Thanks, Moacir