[SR-Users] $fs syntax

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:53:49 CEST 2012

On 10/17/12 4:34 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>>> $fs - reference to the forced socket for message sending (if any) in the
>>> form proto:ip:port
>>>
>>> should it be [proto:]ip:port instead?
>> why, isn't the proto always in the value of $fs?
> i have been using this kind of calls without any problems:
>
>      force_send_socket(EXTERNAL_IP:EXTERNAL_PORT);
>
> is that is equivalent to
>
>      $fs = "EXTERNAL_IP:EXTERNAL_PORT";
>
> if yes, then proto is optional.
the value returned by $fs is always with proto, afaik. When you assign
something to it is just to identify the listening socket, i.e., the
given string value is parsed and used to search in the list of local
listen sockets and if something matching is found, then $fs is linked to
that socket structure.

I think the description is good in regard to its value, maybe would be
good to add notes about assignment value.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu