[SR-Users] Registering Phones

Re Alvarez re.alvrz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 05:41:13 CEST 2012

Hi
I am setting Kamailio as SBC in my organization using Freeswitch as PBX. The integration between the two systems is working perfectly and now I am trying to add some CISCO 7970 phones to the mix.

Here's a summary of the setup
1. Kamailio has 2 NICs (1 public, 1 private), RTPproxy is running
2. Freeswitch is on private network.
3. All the CISCO phones are also on the private network. We will never have a SIP phone outside our network,

My question, in this case. Should I register my phones to Kamailio or Freeswitch.

I am new to Kamailio and still getting down with the SIP concepts. I would prefer to register the phones with Freeswitch and only want Kamailio to get involved when calls are leaving/entering the network. If two users, registered to the same freeswitch server call each other, Kamailio should not have to do anything (ideally, not sure if its possible with SBC setup).

Thanks
Re