[SR-Users] Monitoring Kamailio using mi_xmlrpc good or bad ?

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:24:34 CEST 2012

Hello,

I've just finished monitoring all the core modules of kamailio via XML-RPC.
I use a script placed on kamailio server which sends command to Kamailio
over MI_XMLRPC and fetch details of each requested module. The results
fetched are then sent back to the monitoring tool for graphing using SNMP
OIDs.

*My question* here is that if I query kamailio like this for like 7~10
module over xmlrpc per 30/45 seconds how much overhead will it cause to the
Kamailio server !? Is this a good approach or bad ?

Thanks,
Sammy