[SR-Users] IM on Kamailio

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Wed Sep 19 12:19:39 CEST 2012

On 09/18/2012 12:15 PM, Gary Shergill wrote:
> Note that I am testing this with one computer connected by Bria and
> another computer connected via Blink. I am able to log on to a user on
> each (test1 and test2) and they are able to call each other. The issue
> is, with presence enabled, they are unable to IM each other (or add
> each other as contacts and see online status).

Gary,
I thought Bria uses RPID data format for presence (RFC 4480) while Blink
uses PIDF so they won't be able to see presence status of each other. I
see though that blink website mentions RPID as well, maybe somebody more
knowledgeable about blink can correct me.

For IM, add MESSAGE method to supported methods and send it after lookup
like INVITE. For offline message delivery, checkout the msilo module readme.

HTH,
Andrew