[SR-Users] Starting kamailio. Error on topoh module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:25:29 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9/20/12 5:12 PM, Miguel Baptista wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am testing the "topology hiding" module (topoh) on kamailio-3.2.0
> and every-time I start kamailio I get these error messages related
> with the topoh module:
>
>     Sep 20 16:51:14 trd-sgw1 /usr/proxy/kamailio/sbin/kamailio[31768]:
>     ERROR: topoh [th_mask.c:79]: +++
>     ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789.-
>
>     Sep 20 16:51:14 trd-sgw1 /usr/proxy/kamailio/sbin/kamailio[31768]:
>     ERROR: topoh [th_mask.c:80]: +++
>     y0GxFtSUVeTOMWzHPam.jKR93gCoNpkicrJBqIEhvYbnd175AfLl4u6wZs-X8Q2D
>
> I am only getting those errors when kamailio is starting. Kamailio
> runs fine and it hides my internal topology, on the SIP Headers,
> without any error message.
>
> I tried to add/modify/remove several topoh parameters but I am always
> getting those errors starting kamailio.
>
> Any idea why I getting it? How can I get rid of it?
> I don't feel comfortable to apply that configuration on my production
> servers knowing that kamailio outputs an error when starting.

those messages are for debugging purposes, not real errors. The prefix
"ERROR:" is added because they are printed to log level L_ERR. I will
change them to be printed to L_DBG, they were forgotten like this.

Btw, you should use the latest in 3.2.x series, because there were many
fixes done since 3.2.0. If you start a new deployment, better start with
latest 3.3.x.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu