[SR-Users] Writing a module

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Tue Aug 20 13:33:14 CEST 2013

It's going to be a custom routing module, with our own business logic.

It should load the routes from a database and keep refreshing the data every x interval.
For SIP-to-PSTN calls (outgoing to carrier) we need to be able to route based on the callerprefix, customer id (which is added as a custom header), originating IP, and some other fields.
I need a way to select the closest matching route, or fallback to the default route, using the fields described above.

Implementing this logic in a stored procedure is quite hard. Another option would be to write a web service and perform http calls to determine the route. I'm just worried that http might delay the setup of calls.

Our routes table contains custom fields, but also fields which are used by the dispatcher module. So once a route is selected, the dispatcher module will use the uri in the route set to rewrite the ruri and possibly do failover.