[SR-Users] Huge undertaking and in need of advices from the community

Rumen Mihailov zealas1662 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:36:04 CET 2013

Hi all,

Thank you for all the help till now.

Until now I was trying to setup completely redundant setup with
Kamailio + asterisk boxes and for the moment i have the following
configuration working.

2x Kamailios (Active/Passive)
2x Asterisks Kamailio is load balancing I can add more boxes if needed
MySQL Cluster for all database needs

Now the time has come and I will need to made this setup available for
around 10K users. I will need to become an ITSP for an Internet
Provider that is missing the telephony part from his package, so I
have a couple of questions.

1. Is this setup OK to cover the needs of the customer base ? hardware
will be decent
2. The end users will most probably need ATA adapters. What is the
best cost effective solution I can go for ?
3. Do I need any other piece of software apart from the SIP Proxy and
asterisk as I need the cost of implementation to be as low as
possible.
4. Pricing...I can see that there are a lot of plans of the
competitors that include 1000 minutes for free...Do you have any
statistics what is the avarage % usage of prepaid minutes ?
5. Are there any other "stones" that I might hit and should be aware of ?

Thank you for the information

Best regards,
Rumen