[SR-Users] RTPProxy in bridge mode with distributed kamailio (loadbalance and proxies)

Nguyen Anh Tuan tuanna3 at vnpt-technology.vn
Wed Jul 17 13:02:03 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have a question about Control RTPProxy in Bridge mode with distributed
Kamalio topology, including a SIP Load Balance, RTPProxies and some SIP
Proxies behind. SIPProxies control RTPProxy by Route [NATMANAGE].

PUBLIC IP ---- Load Balance -----> SIP Proxies

| control socket

PUBLIC IP < ----- RTPProxy <-----------------|

In the standalone Kamailio solution (only one SIP Server - without Load
Balance), I configured RTPProxy bridge mode, works PERFECTLY!!! , BUT in the
distributed Kamailio solution (LoadBalance -> Proxies) has big issue with
RTP:

-          UA in front of NAT has only upload direction (1 way RTP) but UA
behind NAT has both direction (2 ways RTP).

RTP stream from UAC ------ > NAT ------ > RTPProxy Public Interface ------ >
RTPProxy Local Interface -------> UAS in local area network

RTP stream from UAS in local area network ------ > RTPProxy Local Interface
-------> STOPs HERE!!!, NOT Transfers out

The RTPProxy control is performed on the SIP Proxy (Route NATMANAGE has many
cases with flags WFROCEE, WFROCEI, WFROCIE).

In the case the same UA in front of NAT call (RTPProxy mode "WEE"), the call
occurs normally, RTP Streams is OK on both sides, but the call in cases EI
and IE has problems above.

What could be going on?

Thanks,

Nguyen Anh Tuan