[SR-Users] Regarding Instant messaging using TCP on Kamailio 3.3

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 10:36:18 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 6/17/13 7:09 AM, Sunil Chandrasekharan wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have set up Kamailio 3.3 on Ubuntu machine.I created two user test 1
> and test 2.
> I could use Presence and also i was able to register to Kamailio
> server and exchange presence status with each other.
>
> Details- I used TCP protocol .
>
> testing methods - Linphone, a sample application.
>
> I am able to register succesfully with (TCP) on to kamailio server
> using Lin phone and sample application.
> I am able to update presence status of the users.
>
> Issue :
>
> When i try to send messages between two users ( using TCP )
>
> 1. from Sample application, when i try to send message, i get 420
> temporarily Unavailable error from server.
> 2. from Lin phone 3.5.2, i was able to send messages ( sue TCP) but
> when the other user try to reply back , i get same error
>
> 480 Temporarily Unavailable. error from server.
>
> I want a support to understand why i get error while sending messages
> with TCP via Kamailio server.
>
> I am able to succeesfully send and receive messages when i use UDP
> from my sample application and Lin phone.
if the phones are behind nat, be sure the tcp connection lifetime is
higher than the registration expire and that you don't set connection
close after forward/reply. Look at core cookbook for the appropriate tcp
parameter and config functions.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *