[SR-Users] How to enable TLS in Kamailio ?

Khoa Pham onmyway133 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:33:11 CET 2013

Hi Olle,

I follow these 2 tutorials
1.
http://nil.uniza.sk/network-security/tls/configuring-tls-support-kamailio-31-howto
which only describes to listen on tls

listen=tls:158.193.139.51:5061

2. http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/tls:create-certificates
which only describes to listen on udp and tcp

 listen=udp:<ip-address-for-receiving-sip-requests>:5060
  listen=tcp:<ip-address-for-receiving-sip-requests>:5060

It is not until I listen on both TCP and LTS does it work.

You document http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/tls.html seems
to lack of these "listen"

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 20 mar 2013 kl. 07:55 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>  Hello,
>
> when tls module is installed, a self signed pair of certificate-private
> key is generated in /usr/local/etc/kamailio
>
> If you need one that is signed by a trusted CA (e.g., Verisign), you will
> have to buy it.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> On 3/19/13 8:08 AM, Khoa Pham wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I want to enable TLS in Kamailio, as in here
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/tls.html
>
>  But how can I get the certificate and private key ?
>

> The documentation for the TLS module actually includes a quick howto.
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/tls.html
>
> What part of this needs clarification? Please help us make the
> documentation better if there are parts you do not undertand or isn't
> explained.
>
> Thanks,
> /O

Khoa Pham