[SR-Users] sip peering

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 7 09:23:08 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 5/7/13 12:36 AM, johnc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have built a kamailio based phone system along the lines of the
> tutorial below. I have updated it for version 4.0 and it is running
> successfully on Debian 7.0. I have set my system up with a Gandi SSL
> cert rather than a self signed one.
>
> http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:skype-like-service-in-less-than-one-hour
>
> I want to federate/peer with another proxy running Kamailio with TLS.
> What do I need to do to make this work? Thanks.
kamailio forwards based on domain name of the destination and does NAPTR
(if enabled as global parameter), SRV, A/CNAME DNS query to discover
where to send the SIP requests. If it returns a TLS destination, it will
use it.

You can enforce TLS via specific functions in tm module or setting $du
to a SIP address that specifies tls transport.
The validation of the connection is based on what options you set for
tls module.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *