[SR-Users] Kamailio for Debian blog?

Jesús Pérez Rubio jesus.perez at quobis.com
Mon May 13 11:43:35 CEST 2013

Hi Daniel, we've developed a Javascript SIP stack which supports WebRTC and
we use Debian as base OS and Kamailio as SIP proxy. Some notes about the
enviroment in case it could help you:

- Kamailio stable (4.0) version included in official repo works fine.
  - Site:
http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/packages/debs#latest_kamailio_40_release
  - Howto:
https://quobis.atlassian.net/wiki/display/QoffeeSIP/Server+configurations
  - I've tested it with QoffeeSIP and JsSIP some days ago and there is no
problem.

- I've been playing with "resiprocate-turn-server" package but I had
problems. It could be related with our client but we should take a look. I
didn't give a try to Google TURN server but I'm going to do it, I'll keep
you updated.

PS: I'm co-mentor with you in GSoC, so we can speak about in in IRC channel.

2013/5/13 Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au>

> I'd like to write a brief blog about the status of WebRTC in Debian,
> with a focus on SIP
>
> I understand Kamailio 4.0.1 is already in unstable, is that recommended
> for potential WebSocket users?  Has anybody else written any quickstart
> blog about WebRTC with that particular version, possibly with examples
> that are consistent with the Debian usage?
>
> For client side, SIPml5 is packaged, and I've had discussions with the
> JsSIP guys about packaging.
>
> For TURN, has anybody tried the TURN server project from Google code?
> It appears more advanced than the existing two TURN servers in Debian
> (e.g. it has database-backed authentication)
> http://code.google.com/p/rfc5766-turn-server/
>
> and there is a package in progress:
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/rfc5766-turn-server

Jesús Pérez