[SR-Users] MySQL storage engine

Lefteris Zafiris zaf.000 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:43:08 CEST 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013 16:30:42 +0200
Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an option to set default storage engine per database (or mysql
> server)? Maybe we should skip it in table definition and let it be the
> default one in the database server.

Since Mysql 5.5 InnoDB is the default engine. It can also be configured by the
default-storage-engine setting in my.cfg

> I haven't played with this myself, but it should not really affect
> kamailio, each own process uses its connection and does serial queries.

It only affects MyISAM tables. It makes things a bit faster because actually runs the
read operations before some write locks the table. If its safe to use InnoDB it's not
worth bothering with this specific option.

Regards,

Lefteris Zafiris