[SR-Users] app_python and handlers.py not working

Brian Wallen bwallen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 20:58:06 CEST 2013

I'm trying to setup app_python and I'm using the handlers.py script from
the git repo to test. I get the script to load and mod_init() and
child_init() both run, but I can't figure out how to get handler() to run.
I tried adding python_exec("handler") to my config file but Kamailio
doesn't start like that. It says I have a syntax error in my config file.
I've tried versions 4.0.3 from the Ubuntu repo as well as building from git
and both have the same results. Is python support broken or am I just doing
something wrong?