[SR-Users] How to use the ip parameter in rtpproxy_manage()

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Fri Aug 29 11:44:40 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have the following setup:

UAC ---> LB ---> Proxy ---> GW

In NAT scenarios the loadbalancer detects it, but the proxy communicates
with the RTP proxy. I want to send the original caller IP as detected by
the loadbalancer (and transported to the proxy) to the RTP proxy.

As far as I understand the documentation of the rtpproxy module, I could
call rtpproxy_manage with a second parameter, indicating which IP address
should be sent to the RTP proxy. I tried sending a pseudovariable, both
within quotes or not, or even a static string. But when I look at those
messages sent to the RTP proxy, there's always the IP from where the SIP
packet was received (the loadbalancer IP) in the request.

Previously we used the "r" parameter, sending the original IP from the SDP
to the proxy. But due to strange behavior of some UACs, we want to get rid
of that.

Do I misunderstand the second parameter?

This is what the documentation says:
*    ip_address* - new SDP IP address.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any example using this.

Best Regards,
Sebastian