[SR-Users] FW: Client site NAT negotiation with no STUN.

Daniel Tryba daniel at pocos.nl
Fri Feb 14 10:44:35 CET 2014

On Friday 14 February 2014 10:18:07 Rob Moore wrote:
> (please excuse the beautiful ASCI art)

You failed, it's not beatifull, it's a mess (be sure to use a monospaced font
and spaces when drawing ASCII art (since not all clients use monospaced to
display it will always fail in some clients)). See
http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2014-February/081601.html
for the result as I've seen your art :)

> Can anyone suggest any other potential methods for getting around this
> problem?

I learned to never trust anything a client tells me in a SIP message, forcing
all rtp through the rtpproxy only leaves firewall issues at the client IMHO.
On an SBC kind of setup just always call rtpproxy_manage() regardless wheter
you detect a natted client.

In the "default" kamailio.conf just move rtpproxy_manage in the
route[NATMANAGE] to the beginning of the route (the f to use the local
rtpproxy even if an other rtpproxy is detected)

# RTPProxy control
route[NATMANAGE] {
#!ifdef WITH_NAT
	rtpproxy_manage("f");

	if (is_request()) {

POCOS B.V. - Croy 9c - 5653 LC Eindhoven
Telefoon: 040 293 8661 - Fax: 040 293 8658
http://www.pocos.nl/   - http://www.sipo.nl/
K.v.K. Eindhoven 17097024