[SR-Users] Kamailio and Freepbx Integration

Carlos Rangel crangel at globaltelesourcing.com
Tue Jun 10 19:06:50 CEST 2014

Hello

I am working on a project which looks for integration between Kamailio with
Freepbx. We want to have remote sip users connected to the Freepbx server
which is behind a NAT Firewall. The remote users are dynamic so IP addresses
are always changing so we want Kamailio to authenticate this users and then
fREEPBX to handle the call flow. I just started and have done a few trials
without success based on the Kamailio-Asterisk integration tutorials on the
documentation page. From other post I have read I know the following:

-          Kamailio and Asterisk can be on the same or different servers. I
would look for a integrating with different servers.

-          Freepbx does not use realtime, instead uses the .conf files
however the user information is contained on the database tables, I just
need to select the correct table and configure Kamailio to get the user
information from there.

-          Since the system will work behind a Nat firewall I assume that
need to include the -- #!define WITH_NAT--- functionality on the
kamailio.cfg.

-          Freepbx or Asterisk should not ask for authentication from
Kamailio--- although  I am not sure how exactly to accomplish this.

I am writing this post just to see if anyone has had a previous experience
to share or someone can give me an insight about the tricks on this.

I will be working on this on the next days and share my experiences.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Carlos Rangel