[SR-Users] Kamailio and Freepbx Integration

Carlos Rangel crangel at globaltelesourcing.com
Mon Jun 16 22:05:39 CEST 2014

Hello List

I am trying to intgrate Kamailio latest release 4.1.4 and Freepbx 5.2.11
Asterisk 11.0.9 in the same box on an internal network following Daniel´s
tutorial
(http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb
) . I am very new with Kamailio and I tried like 15 times, seriously.

The difference is that I am not using the sipusers table nor sipregs (I may
later use sipregs) nor the voicemail tables (Freepbx can manage voicemail).
I believe I was able to modify the kamailio.cfg file (DBURL and DBASTURL) in
order to fetch the user information from the Freepbx tables. There is a
table called devices that contents all the information needed. I also
managed to not fill the secret parameter (password) on the extension
configuration so Asterisk does not ask for authentication twice as
recommended in the tutorial. I put the password in other table and then tell
Kamailio to fetch it from the corresponding table.

I can control if the users are registered in the system as long as the user
is created in Freepbx with the right password, again password is not on the
secret column. The weird thing is that my users can register in Asterisk
even if they are not created in Kamailio  (kamctl add). I was expecting them
not to register if they are not created on the database. I have configured
Freepbx to bind to a specific internal IP and port 5080 and configures
kamailio as in the post

#!ifdef WITH_ASTERISK

asterisk.bindip = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" desc "Asterisk IP Address"

asterisk.bindport = "5080" desc "Asterisk Port"

kamailio.bindip = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" desc "Kamailio IP Address"

kamailio.bindport = "5060" desc "Kamailio Port"

#!endif

Also I have added to kamailio.cfg

#!define WITH_MYSQL

#!define WITH_AUTH

#!define WITH_USRLOCDB

#!define WITH_ASTERISK

#!define WITH_ANTIFLOOD

I don’t think this is the normal behavior, does anybody have an insight of
what could be happening?? MY goal is to add the #!define WITH_NAT
functionality (I haven’t done it yet)and then have remote trusted users
connected to the PBX. Of course the concerns is to keep hackers away from my
system.

Thanks in advance for your help and for this great piece of software!!!!

Regards and greetings from Mexico

Carlos