[SR-Users] Redirect, maddr, and domain

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:26:52 CET 2014

IIRC, there was no automatic handling of maddr in request uri, only
record route module does it (or at least did it) for route headers via
loose route. The sip rfc discouraged use of maddr:

- http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#section-19.1.1

But you can handle it in branch route, for your specific case. After
using get_redirect() and before relaying, set a branch route, inside it
you can use:

$(ru{uri.maddr}) to get its value and use it as outbound proxy:

$du = "sip:" + $(ru{uri.maddr});

subst_uri() from textops should help removing the parameter.

On 17/03/14 17:42, Marc Soda wrote:
> I'm trying to handle a redirect with get_redirects().  It seems that
> Kamailio is ignoring the maddr param on the contact header.  Is there
> a way to force maddr to be used?
>
> The Contact header on the 302 looks like this:
>
> <sip:2404441112 at domain.com:5060;maddr=1.1.1.1>;q=0.5,<sip:2404441112 at comain.com:5060;maddr=2.2.2.2>;q=0.25
>
> The message is then being sent to domain.com <http://domain.com>,
> rather than 1.1.1.1.

Kamailio World Conference - April 2-4, 2014, Berlin, Germany
http://www.kamailioworld.com