[SR-Users] Legacy Cisco 7945 and 7960 Handset Integration with Kamailio

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Mar 19 23:52:38 CET 2014

Hello Jonathan,

On 03/19/2014 03:29 PM, Jonathan Hunter wrote:

> I appreciate these handsets have some issues, whereby they expect
> dynamic port, I just  wondered if anyone had a working model or some
> pointers they could share?

1) If the phone properly indicates port 5060 in the Via header, then
Kamailio will send responses to that port regardless of the source port
of the requests to which it is responding.

That is, unless you have force_rport() on, the precise function of which
is to override that default behaviour and use the source port instead.

2) I have a 7960 desk phone that I use with Kamailio. It's behind NAT in
relation to Kamailio, and giving it the usual NAT treatment (nathelper
fixups, rtpproxy) works just fine.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC