[SR-Users] Possible causes of calls being terminated (ACK packet never received)

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat May 24 05:23:33 CEST 2014

AVL> could this work if the kernel SIP modules at the firewall are
AVL> blacklisted and Kamailio is made to do all the heavy lifting itself?

There has been quite a bit of advice on various sip-related lists over
the last decade to avoid the sip conntrack module, everything from low
key to hyperbolic.

So having kamailio do the rewriting is a good thing to test.

I'd also test having asterisk use the 192.168 ip rather than the 127/8.
Give it a port other than 5060, of course.  Or you can give the box a
second 192.168 address, one each for kama and ast.

It may make a difference.  Or not.  But it seems worth a test.

What you describe matches a deployment I'm planning, but it is still in
the planning stage.  (A remote outside the nat handles things for now.)
SO I'm interested in what is needed to make it work.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6