[SR-Users] dialog module shared memory

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Fri Jan 16 15:50:48 CET 2015

On Friday 16 January 2015, Charles Chance wrote:
> Alex's work is still in a personal branch since he ran out of time to
> finish, IIRC. I have plans to look at it over the next week or so, unless
> Alex has other ideas.
>
> Perhaps he can comment?

I couldn't get the dialog+dmq+tm combination in a stable state, it kept
crashing on me. Accounting for packet loss and out-of-order events required
changes to the dialog module which might have caused the issues. Because i ran
out of time i had to abandon that route and went for a quick mod_perl script
to send events to an external counter process.

I still think the concept is ok and i probably need to take another stab at
it, but i have no estimate yet of when that might happen.

If anyone wants to pick up, please do.

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann