[SR-Users] kamcmd

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:09:41 CEST 2015

Hello,

are you using default kamailio.cfg or some older one?

In 4.3. the fifo and unixsocket (ctl) files are created in
/var/run/kamailio/ instead of /tmp/ -- the reason is that Debian
considers /tmp/ as insecure for any control file.

If you have an older kamailio.cfg that you reused, be sure you upgrade
the parameters for mi_fifo and ctl modules.

Note also that you can provide the path to ctl file to kamcmd via -s
parameter.

On 18/06/15 11:49, asterisk asterisk wrote:
> I am compiling the kamailio 4.3 in raspberry Pi 2. It compiled and
> worked. However, kamcmd did not work as it looks for the file
> /var/run/kamailio/kamailio.ctl which is not present.
> Similar issue found for kamctl but I fixed it by change the /tmp
> directory to /var/run/kamailio
>
> Did I miss something?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla