[SR-Users] Media Proxy and STUN

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:53:27 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 07/05/15 19:41, Nahum Nir wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After reading the docs I got that it is possible to configure the
> server so it will change the SDP so clients will send the media to the
> media proxy.
>
> But, what if the clients are not behind a symmetric NAT and using ICE
> where able to get their real IP:port? How can the server be aware to
> this and not change the SDP?
I guess in the case you want to let everything to be decided by the
client you have to use a turn server instead of rtp relay. Then it will
be the client which will know whether turn server is used or public
ip/port was properly discovered.

If you want server side rtp relay, perhaps rtpengine can help the best
with controlling the ice candidates.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015