[SR-Users] SIP Packet identifier

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:31:16 CEST 2015

Hello,

indeed there is no guaranteed unique token per SIP packet.

If one wants to identify the transaction, need to look at Call-Id and
CSeq, plus Via header (the via is relevant when there is a forking proxy
upstream).

Regarding the checksum, the upd checksum is not available, but kamailio
can also deal with tcp/tls/sctp. You can build md5 or shaX checksums in
the configuration file using transformations, see:

  - http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/devel/transformations#smd5

For example: $(mb{s.md5}).

On 19/05/15 07:55, Alex Balashov wrote:
> ‎Hello,
>
> Various GUIDs and other signatures in SIP exist to link branches,
> transactions, and dialogs, but none that are uniquely generated per
> packet. The best you're going to be able to do is to compute a
> checksum, but even that is no guarantee in a REGISTER flow.
>
> --
> 303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
> Atlanta, GA 30346
> United States
>
> Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015