[SR-Users] Simple User Agent change

Steven Maddox s.maddox at lantizia.me.uk
Tue Nov 17 17:55:05 CET 2015

Hi,

Sorry to ask something probably very simple but I'm difficulty finding
the right kinds of resources to learn from which are succinct enough to
not overload my head.

We have a PBX which we don't control (and hate) which expects only
certain makes/models phones to register (it checks for user agents).

I have a phone which unfortunately doesn't support tweaking its user
agent, so I'd like to pass it through an extremely SIP proxy to have
it's user agent tweaked and all other data to/from the PBX transparently
let through.

I've managed to knock up something (that isn't a proxy) using Asterisk
where I made a trunk and a peer... but obviously since this isn't a
proxy... things like BLF and transferring calls will never work.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a really simple set up to
achieve this, please let me know :)

--
Steven Maddox