[SR-Users] Kamailio compact headers ?!

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:48:04 CEST 2016

Record-Route has no compact name variant, afaik -- also quickly checking
the iana assignments, shows the same:

  -
http://www.iana.org/assignments/sip-parameters/sip-parameters.xhtml#sip-parameters-2

If smaller size is the target, then Via makes no big difference, so it
was never a goal -- the changes in code should not be big.

A quick option is to redefine MY_VIA in config.h to use the compact form.

A proper option could be introducing a core parameter, adding a new
define for the short version and use the normal or short form a matter
of the parameter value. The function that needs to be changed is
via_builder().

On 06/07/16 11:40, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> On 06 Jul 2016, at 11:38, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>>
>> Stefan,
>>
>> The construction of headers is generally the province of the UAs/endpoints of the call. Kamailio understands compact headers, as all compliant SIP stacks do, but it can't singlehandedly reformat them.
> I think the question was about the headers added by Kamailio - Via and Record-Route. Which makes the question perfectly valid :-)
> I can’t remember such a setting anywhere and am curious on why it’s needed.
> /O

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org