[SR-Users] tsilo ts_append problem

gmele giovanni.mele at nagra.com
Wed Jul 6 16:21:49 CEST 2016

Hello Federico,

yes, we use the sip.instance as it is sent by our softphone. To validate it
is the sip.instance that is causing the error, I patched the tm module to
ignore the sip.instance in the contact info when it is written in the
location table.

In our system, we have a kamailio proxy and a kamailio registrar. It is the
registrar that is doing the push notif and the tsilo store and append.

So, after our dirty patch in the tm module, we found that the tm module is
not sending the branched request to the SIP Proxy but tries to do it
directly (ts_append calls tm::t_append_branches which calls t_send_branch),
thus trying to open a TLS connection directly to the softphone... Of course,
this is not working :-/

Do you have an idea on how to relay the branched request to the proxy
instead of trying to send it directly?

To manage the push notifs, our idea was to do:
1) send the INVITE to the callee
2) store the transaction in tsilo
3) do a push notif to the callee (in case the location info is wrong)
4) wait the callee REGISTER and append the transaction in tsilo (which will
forward the previously received INVITE to the callee)

What do you think about this solution, taking in account we are using a SIP
Proxy behind the SIP Registrar?

Thx

Giovanni