[SR-Users] Kamailio and UCARP with Multiple VIPs defined

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 10:14:32 CET 2016

Hi Guys,
Using Centos 6.7, kamailio 4.2 and Ucarp I am testing multiple VIPs on the same server and having some issues.

I have ucarp running, with  1 Public and 1 Private VIP defined, and both are pingable and failover in a cluster.
The Public is for Subscribers to Register with, and the Private for Communication to the Asterisk media servers behind it.
My problem is kamailio when started states its listening on both the VIPS, however when I try and force_socket over the  Private IP address, it states
 ERROR: <core> [forward.c:218]: get_out_socket(): no socket foundMar  1 20:04:35 bt1proxy1 /usr/sbin/kamailio[20372]: ERROR: <core> [forward.c:220]: get_out_socket(): no corresponding socket found for(udp:10.70.0.72:5080)Mar  1 20:04:35 bt1proxy1 /usr/sbin/kamailio[20372]: ERROR: tm [t_fwd.c:520]: prepare_new_uac(): ERROR: can't fwd to af 2, proto 1  (no corresponding listening socket)

This is when listening on the VIP which is 10.70.0.75 and I also look to force_socket out of this IP.  It just doesnt work, however  if I use the physical interface on the server, that being 10.70.0.70, it works fine and forwards requests on the Private LAN.
I have added net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind = 1 to sysctl.conf as well but no joy.
If 1 VIP is defined I have no issue, its just with 2, has anyone had this issue before ?
Any help would be great.
Many thanks
Jon